Mobile marketing currently represents one of the newest forms of digital marketing present on the market. For those who do not know, it provides customers with personalized information, promoting services, goods, and ideas. The technique has been regarded as any marketing activity that is conducted through a network that mobile users are constantly connected to.
Some of the main benefits associated with mobile marketing include the possibility to send location and time-sensitive pieces of information, via a wide variety of channels, including push notifications, app-based marketing, QR codes, SMS, MMS, Bluetooth, in-game mobile advertising, voice email and even through automated calls.
As we live in the era of smartphones, mobile marketing carried out via push notifications is essential to promoting services, establishing brand loyalty, encouraging people to purchase products or services, but also making sure that existing customers return to buy more.
So how do I kick start my business with mobile marketing you may ask?
Below are 5 interesting tips to get you started and produce tremendous results.
- Provide value. Providing a service that offers high value to customers will make them returning customers. According to a 2013 Harris Interactive survey, 35% of consumers who have a bad mobile purchasing experience never return to the offending site.
- Deliver Coupons via SMS. As mobile marketing is on the increase, marketers consider it as a relevant option to engage their customers. Marketers who have made lots of sales raised its awareness through coupons via SMS or push buttons. Note that 73% of consumers feel they are more likely to promote and recommend a brand with an excellent loyalty program and 63% of consumers feel coupon is the most valuable form of mobile marketing.
- Place ads in popular social media channels. Social media ADS is essential. If you doubt it, here are the reasons to change your mind:
- Facebook launched mobile ads on its mobile app;
- 30% of global e-commerce sales will come from smartphones in the US by the year 2018;
- About 59.5% of Google’s net global ad revues came from mobile internet ads in 2016;
- Many marketers who integrated mobile ads program with social media sharing buttons via Facebook, Twitter, and others social media are reaping their rewards.
- Use QR Codes to increase User experience. According to research in 2012, Quick response codes started being used in mobile marketing in the same year Apple releases its mobile advertising platform IAD. The best way to provide useful information faster is through QR Codes.
- Opt-in Geolocation services. Recently consumers have turned to their smartphones for location-specific information. 51% of business travellers use mobile devices to get travel information. By sharing specific information, it will help boost sales and increase your brand’s image within its region.
As mobile marketing is gradually increasing, make the most of it, if you want to experience tremendous or rapid growth in your startups. Remember 64% of mobile marketers have said mobile apps are their top priority to enhance the customer experience and drive customer’s loyalty.